Intro to 3D
This workshop is an introduction to to the 3D software packages that are used in our more advanced courses including ZBrush, Substance Painter, Maya and Keyshot.
You will learn topics that will introduce you to different types of 3D software that you can use to model, sculpt and render. Intro to 3D is recommended for students who are beginners or who have intermediate 3D skills and experience.
This course is aimed at beginners and will give you the perfect foundation for your art career.
Each week you will watch a demo of the instructor modeling live, you are welcome to model along with the instructor and ask questions. After each class you will receive your homework assignment for the week, and at the beginning of each class you will receive feedback on your work.
Topics that will be covered throughout the 12 week workshop:
- Sculpting in Sculptris and ZBrush to make a 3D model.
- Modelling 3D objects/props in Maya.
- Rendering objects/props in various 3d software.
- Texturing objects in Photoshop and Substance painter.
- Basic posing and lighting.
The hardware requirements for the workshop are:
- Laptop (MacBook Pro or i7 PC laptop with 16GB RAM are recommended).
- Wacom tablet. Any size is good.
- Notepad and pens/pencils for note-taking.
- Substance Painter