WITH PETER YONG
INTRODUCTION TO CHARACTER DESIGN - OCTOBER 2022
INTRODUCTION TO CHARACTER DESIGN – OCTOBER 2022
This is our third and final holiday workshop in 2022!
During this 2-day holiday workshop, Pete will demonstrate his process of designing and creating appealing characters for film, TV and games! This workshop is will be very drawing-heavy.
Peter has a solid resume of work in video games, film, TV, comics, and concept art. He will provide an overview of the industry, an introduction to a suite of essential techniques, and an opportunity to follow along with a live demonstration, showing his design process from start to finish.
The first day will cover drawing fundamentals and design theory to get you started designing characters.
The following principles will be demonstrated:
To be advised.
What you will need:
We recommend that workshop attendees download the software prior to the first day so that you can give your full attention during the workshop.
- A laptop and drawing tablet (eg. Wacom and Huion have good drawing tablets) so that you can follow along, as we do not supply any equipment for our workshops.
- If you don’t have any of the above items, a sketchbook and pencils, markers will be okay, but be mindful that Pete will use digital rendering techniques using Photoshop.
- iPads may be used, although they don’t run Photoshop very well. You can draw and paint with them using Procreate or take notes if you wish.
- Adobe Photoshop – You can take up a 7-day trial if you haven’t used it before and would like to try it out. It will ask you for payment details when you sign up, however if you don’t wish to continue using it after the workshop you can just cancel it. Alteratively you may wish to use another painting or drawing program such as Manga studio, Krita, Corel Painter, Heavypaint, or Gimp. All demonstrations will be done using Photoshop.
WHEN: Monday October 10th And Tuesday October 11th, 2022.
TIME: 10:00am – 4:00pm (ADL Time) There will be a break for lunch – the time will be announced during the workshop.
WHERE: CDW Studios, The Myer Centre Adelaide, Level 4 of 14-38 Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000.
ONLINE: Link to live stream will be sent out to registered emails one day prior to the workshop.
COST: $120 per student (inclusive of both days)
Things to keep in mind…
- The recommended minimum age for holiday workshops is 14 years old, and the content is aimed at beginner to intermediate level artists.
- Workshop payment is non-refundable.
- Food & beverages are not included. BYO lunch (fridge and microwave available on site) or purchase food from the food court on the lower ground floor of the Myer Centre.
- We are currently observing COVID-19 safety procedures recommended by SA Health.
- Use glass atrium lifts 14 and 15 to access level 4 (these are the lifts closest to the King William Street side of the building).
- The whole workshop is recorded for participants.
This workshop is available both in-person and online. If you choose to take the class online, it is essential you inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org on enrolment to ensure you receive a private link to the live stream.
To sign up for the workshop, click the link below and you will be required to complete a registration form. Full payment is due on registration. Once you have completed the sign up, you will be sent a confirmation email by CDW Studios acknowleding receipt of your registration. If you do not receive anything, please email email@example.com.